I’m thinking of conducting a Go Fund Me crowd funding campaign to cover the costs of investigative reporting on the Donald J. Trump global empire of business interests and I want to know if my readers are willing to contribute to the costs involved. I’m calling this project “Operation Chernaya Rabota.” I won’t explain that unless you ask but a select few of my closest colleagues, cohorts and collaborators will know exactly the historical inspiration for this terminology.
Detectives Diary is uniquely positioned to investigate this topic. As an example of what we’re capable of check out our reporting of The Small Freaky World of White Collar Crime.
I served seven terms as Chair of the Board of the California Association of Licensed Investigators (CALI), the world’s largest private detectives’ membership organization. Prior to me nobody ever served more than three terms as chair or president, so I must have been doing something right. It also gave me life long access to Private Investigator and other data base circles and resources throughout the world. Some examples of the people that I would consult with and use for these projects:
- “Cousin Igor”–I call Igor “Cousin” because our grandmothers were both Jews from the region of Gorodieshe, Ukraine. All Ashkenazic Jews are at least fifth or sixth cousins of each other so we have to be related. The first licensed investigator in the whole former Soviet Union and ex-KGB, Igor knows where all the bodies are buried in the entire former “Eastern Bloc.”
- Phil and Yin–from Britain, they’re world travelers and are more in tune than anybody in the world about who can do what wherever in the PI world.
- Owens International–an international data base firm that specializes in international business credit reports (competitor to Dun & Bradstreet) they have done incredible and efficient work for me tracking down information on a very shady Russian firm that enabled us to effect service of federal process on them bypassing the Hague Convention.
Here’s the kind of investigation we’d like to do:
First we order an Owens International Report on the companies that Trump owns or partners in. For example he has a partnership in Azerbaijan. What kinds of conflicts of interest does that pose? How will it influence America’s relationship with Armenia, Azerbaijan’s arch-enemy? An Owens report for an Azeri business costs $219.00 (which is what we need to crowd fund because we’re doing this in the public interest).
- After we get the Owens report, it will provide us with leads to follow up, such as Freedom of Information Act requests to federal agencies like the State Dept, Commerce Dept, Treasury Dept etc. and to have private investigators in that region of the world follow up with onsite investigative sleuthing. That too will involve costs.
When the investigation is complete we’ll analyze it’s implications for U.S. policy. I did 22 units of graduate work at CSUN with a 4.0 GPA and one of my areas of concentration was International Relations, so I actually know something about the subject, unlike President-elect Trump.
- You’ll see our investigative results and our analysis right here in the pages of the Detectives Diary.
Want to get involved with Operation Chernaya Rabota? Let me know whether you’re interested in crowd funding the effort or participating with other resources you might have.